Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Successful Lesson

I try and use the SMARTboard technology everyday and somehow incorperate it into my lessons. A very successful lesson that I did that used my technology was a lesson for my geography 10-12 course. This is a rowdy crew, the class consists of transfer students and students how have not passed geography in the past. We were reviewing for a test acouple of weeks ago and I created several stations around the room for the students to use for review. I had stations of powerpoints that we had done, posters, portions of the textbooks and others. I also had a station that used the smartboard. Melanie Tuve showed my how to create a matching game for vocabulary words and definitions. So, one of the stations was the matching game on the smartboard. The kids timed each other, worked together and had min-contests in their small groups to see who could get the most words correct in the fastest time. Even though the lesson used the technology in a very simple way, the teamwork and cooperation that grew out of doing the game together was some of the best work I have ever seen come out of this class. At the end of the hour, we had a few minutes left and the whole class wanted totake turns competing on the matching game. The kids were more positive and helpful and encouraging than I have ever seen! I saw this lesson as successful use of the technology and as a successful day among my rowdy crew of kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment